What data we collect
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use hovetongreatbroad.org.uk. This includes IP addresses. The data is anonymised before being used for analytics processing.
Google Analytics processes anonymised information about:
- the pages you visit on hovetongreatbroad.org.uk
- how long you spend on each hovetongreatbroad.org.uk page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not store your personal information through Google Analytics (for example your name or address).
We will not identify you through analytics information, and we will not combine analytics information with other data sets in a way that would identify who you are.
Why we need your data
We collect information through Google Analytics to see how you use the site. We do this to help:
- make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users
We also collect data in order to:
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
What we do with your data
The data we collect may be shared with our technology suppliers, for example our hosting provider.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
- use your data in analytics
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
Where your data is processed and stored
All personal data is stored in the European Economic Area (EEA). Data collected by Google Analytics may be transferred outside the EEA for processing.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with us.
Links to other websites
hovetongreatbroad.org.uk contains links to other websites.
This privacy notice only applies to hovetongreatbroad.org.uk, and does not cover other websites that we link to.
Following a link to another website
Following a link to hovetongreatbroad.org.uk from another website
Cookies used by this website
Cookies are files saved on your phone, tablet or computer when you visit a website.
Strictly Necessary cookies
This is a session cookie necessary to the function of the website and cannot/should not be disabled.
These are part of Google Analytics and are to help provide information on how the website is used.
Changes to this policy
Last updated 8 March 2021